There’s a wide world of trails out there, and you want a bike to explore as many of them as possible; enter the Horsethief Carbon GX Eagle. Designed as a highly adaptable platform for trail-riding pursuits, the Horsethief’s 120mm of Split Pivot® rear travel pairs well with 140mm of front travel to see you through an expansive range of terrain. Designed as a system, SRAM’s GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain features a massive gear range with intuitive shifting and high-end performance. Up front, the gold standard of trail bike forks, the RockShox Pike RC 140, provides incredibly supple, progressive bump absorption. A RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock delivers proven rear damping with incredible small bump performance and Rapid Recovery™ to ready the shock for the next impact. Printed-on Sag Gradients™ mean you spend more time riding, and less time fidgeting with setup.
Salsa Horsetheif Carbon GX Eagle
- Carbon frame and seat stays featuring the Split Pivot suspension design with 120mm of efficient travel, remaining fully active under braking while supportive throughout its travel, paired with a 140mm suspension fork
- A short stem paired with long top tube, combined with a 67-degree head tube angle provides descending confidence, yet balances overall wheelbase length and slow speed maneuverability
- Two full-size bottle cage mounts fit inside the front triangle on all frame sizes. Pair with Anything Bracket and Rescue Roll for pack-free singletrack bliss
- Super Boost 157 x 12mm rear hub spacing combined with a standard width bottom bracket results in a 432mm chainstay length that’s 5mm shorter than previous-generations
- Rear Flip chip adjusts head tube angle and bottom bracket height for terrain, wheel size, and personal preference
- Spec’d with a 29 x 2.5’’ front and 2.4" rear wheel/tire combination, but can accommodate a range of additional sizes of 27.5 x 2.8 - 3.0" and 29 x 2.2 - 2.6’’