Think of the Ultralight edition of the Epic Hardtail as a science experiment—a lesson in just how crazy light and capable you could make a race bike. We pulled out all the stops on this one and the end result is your personal rocket ship to the top step of the winner’s podium.
THE GAME CHANGER
The S-Works Epic Hardtail bears the lightest production frame to date. Impressive, yes, but it’s much more than that. We’ve also created the most capable and comfortable cross-country machine ever, because you’re not fast if you’re being pummeled by the trail. It’s a game changer.
MORE CONTROL MEANS MORE SPEED
Looking to ride faster? Who isn’t? That’s why we relaxed its head angle and lengthened the reach. The Epic retains a short wheelbase for deft handling yet offers more predictable steering and a centered rider position for increased control and speed on any trail.
• The lightest and most capable carbon hardtail frame ever created.
• FOX Factory Step-Cast 32 fork gets all the trimmings, including a Fit4 damper and Kashima coating.
• SRAM XX1 Eagle drivetrain gives you massive gear range and quick, precise shifts.
2020 S-Works Epic HT Ultralight
- At 775 grams, the new S-Works Epic Hardtail chassis is the lightest production hardtail frame on earth. What’s more, we’ve designed it to be incredibly capable and comfortable, with progressive geometry and an advanced composite layup that boosts vertical compliance.
- A Fox Factory Step-Cast 32 shaves the grams while providing 100 millimeters of silky, Kashima-coated suspension. And since weight is the enemy here, we equipped the Ultralight with some equally ultralight Roval Control SL carbon wheels. SRAM’s XX1 Eagle drivetrain gives you massive gear range and quick, precise shifts. Finally, the Ultralight can go from crazy-quick to a tidy stop, thanks to the trademark modulation and power of Magura’s MT8 SL disc brakes.